Monday, May 19, 2008

it's good to be back home again

I'm not sure when the last time is that I've posted but, it's safe to say that it has been awhile. I have been pretty good about training except for this past week. The reason - I was in Utah helping my sister with her 4 kids (including a 1 week old baby) while her husband is out of town. Having a 6 month old myself didn't make the craziness any less. So, the two of us watched 5 kids under 7 for 1 week while also throwing a bridal shower at her house...all just one week after she gave birth and while my little one just had to be teething (of course!). Needless to say, I only got out to run once for 4 miles. I was pushing a jogging stroller and running at a much higher altitude so it felt like much more. This afternoon we flew back to SD and one of the first things I wanted to do was go for a run. I know it sounds crazy. The 4 miles felt great. I'm hoping to be able to run tomorrow with jess and "break in" my tank. I'm thinking of running on Thursday as well just because I missed so much last week. I can hardly believe the race is less than a week away but SO glad. It's time for it to be here! Speaking of the big day...any celebration plans for after the race? Are we planning on meeting someplace to start this bad boy together? Just thought I'd throw some of these thoughts out there for discussion since race day is so close. See you all soon....in just 6 days that is!!

No comments: