Thursday, May 22, 2008

Race Day Plans

Ok girls! We're almost there! I can't believe it! I've been nursing a hurt foot all week but it is feeling significantly better so I am PRAYING really hard that it is ok come Monday. The forecast looks good, not too hot I think.

I'm curious as to everyone's plans. When are you arriving, checking in to the race, who are you coming with, where are you going after? I think that my plan is this. Check in to the race on Sunday depending on the hours and how church overlaps them. Morning of- Drop one car off at the finish line area so we have a close parking spot then have Aaron drop me off at the starting area alone. Hopefully I can nurse or pump right before he drops me off. Then Aaron and the baby will go home and later walk from our house to the finish line area so that they can be there and since one car will already be there. (I just don't want to have to walk home even though its probably less than a mile!).

Last time I didn't bring my own water or anything, just myself. I felt like this was a mistake. Even though there were plenty of water stations, it seemed like one or two times I was DYING of thirst and there were no water stations around. This time I think I'm going to put gatoraid or something like that in my waist pack water thing and have that. Mostly drink water at the water stations but also have that around my waist for when I need it. It will also allow me to bring my shot blocks.

I haven't looked up the rules, I know some races are no longer allowing ipods. I hope that this one allows them because even though I plan to try to run with you girls I am so slow lately that I think I might be on my own for at least the second half of things so I do plan to bring my ipod loaded up with some exciting new songs (which I have yet to find).

Then I guess my last step would be to run! And run, and run and run. For 13.1 miles. My only goal right now is to finish. I don't think I'll be fast but I just want to DO it.

We don't have a big house or I would totally offer to have everyone over afterwards. We do have a community pool and a big green belt area so we could gather there if people were interested since it is close (like I said, about a mile from the finish line). If anyone needs a place to shower, nurse, change, whatever, you are more than welcome over at our house. If anyone is coming the night before and wants an air mattress or a couch I can offer you that too but that's about as good as it gets. Or if everyone is heading back down to San Diego after we are also welcome at my brother in law's who has a huge pool and back yard and everything but it is kind of a drive (Scripps Poway). I think it would be fun to socialize afterwards, its just finding the best spot I suppose.

Anyway, I want to know everyone' s plans!

No comments: