Monday, May 19, 2008

4 on the coast

buenos dias.
this morning i got to run 4 miles on the coast and although i felt sluggish, it felt good to get it done. it's funny how just a few months ago running seemed to consume my life. i thought about it all the time (mostly dreaded it), ate what would be best for running, planned my life around it, etc. and although i still have been very diligent about my training, it has taken on a different feel. it's just not as big of a deal as it used to be. it's just something i do. and i like that.
saturday i got to run for the first time with my sis. like, ever. did we ever go running together miq? i don't think so. they were down for the weekend for drew's birthday and joined us for the cf walk. mom, julia, clint and owey all walked along with shar and her family while miq and i ran the 4 miles. it was soooo hot down at mission bay, and we all got sunburned. it was fun to run with miq though, even though we were dodging walkers the whole time and pretty embarrassed by our spandex in front of people we actually knew. oh well. and here's mique sporting the spandex. shucks, i don't have any pictures of me. how did i miss that? :)

doesn't she look hot? love you miq!
i got to run on the coast today since clint's last day was friday and i really want to make these last few runs memorable here in san diego. pretty sure it'll be a little different in idaho. oh, and i wore my run girl run shirt today. breakin it in. it was great. no problems.
and now, only one run separates us from d-day. i thought i would be so much more nervous, but i really am not. i know i have worked hard to be ready. i am physically and mentally prepared. i am confident of what my body is capable of. and overall, i am just excited to reach the culmination of this whole experience. but really, it won't be the end, because i'm addicted now. (especially when people keep telling me that it looks like i never had a baby.)

1 comment:

Mique (as in Mickey) said...

I knew you'd get me back for saying you looked hot in your spandex with your fuel belt on!!!! Thanks- now the whole world has access to a beautiful spandex shot of me! Wish I could've ran with you yesterday and tomorrow (making up for missing today). Can't wait for Monday (um, yes I can).