Tuesday, May 6, 2008

A good Samaritan!

So remember the whole lack of motivation thing? Yeah issues. Anyway, Monday didn't happen and I started feeling REEEAAALLY guilty. Especially when Aaron leaned over that night and asked me if I thought I was even going to be able to DO the run. So I knew I had to get out there today. My neighbor was nice enough to come over and watch Z so I could go while he napped. I brought my cel so she could call me if she needed to. I did 4 miles with the dog and it was good. My foot fell asleep but not for too long, it was a nice cool day and it felt good to be out there and not be slacking. Then I got home and after my neighbor left, I realized something. My phone was no longer in my pocket. My new phone. The phone I got when I LOST my last phone. The phone that Aaron made me feel SOOO guilty for having to get. The THIRD phone I've had in the 3 years since I've been with Aaron. I knew I was screwed. I was running down on the trail by the middle school which had just gotten out. Surely some little 7th grader had already scooped it up. And they were probably texting people or doing something else that would cost me a fortune. I debated. Do I wake the baby up and go back out on the trail to look for it? Do I try to get Aaron to call it and pray that a NICE kid scooped it up? Do I go get a neighbor kid and tell them I'll give them $20 if they can find it on the trail? I didn't even want to TELL Aaron but I was desperate. I asked him to call the phone. He did. And someone answered! A nice old woman who was riding her bike on the trail with her husband had seen it and picked it up. AND, so I wouldn't have to wake up my baby, she rode it over to my house to return it! How nice it that!? It really made my day, and made me realize that there are really great and wonderful people out there. The woman probably thought I was nuts because I was practically CRYING about her returning my phone. She was so sweet about it. Anyway, it was a happy ending to my day. I have to get two fillings tomorrow but I really hope I can get out there one more time before my girls' weekend to Vegas and then I think I can get in a semi longish run in Vegas with Michelle.

No comments: