Tuesday, May 6, 2008

wow.

that was a rough run. it was raining this morning, and even though my mom had offered to watch o while i ran 5 miles, i didn't feel good about doing it in the rain. i just knew it would be my luck to slip and break my ankle or come down with a serious cold (like the one clint currently has). so, i waited it out and hoped it would clear up. i hit the road around 7:00 tonight, not giving me too much time before dark, but i was still aiming for 5 miles. since i didn't map out a course, i just kept running until i felt like i needed to head back to safety. (even though our area is super safe, it still freaks me out to be out alone at night.) the first 20 minutes were reallllly rough. my feet felt like they weighed 50 lbs each and i had a gnarly side cramp (probably since i had eaten only 30 min prior). i finally got into a groove, but still haven't felt like i've had a "good" run in about a week and a half. in the end, i only got in 4 miles and am a little discouraged that i've hit a bit of a wall lately. any advice???

No comments: