Thursday, May 15, 2008

eminem+christina= true love forever,m

5 miles today would have been impossible had it not been for a few clutch moments from my good friends christina and eminem. just like all good friends, they always pull through when you need them the most.
my mom came to watch owey this morning for the last time (boo-wah) and i headed out the door to face the heat and the hills. somehow that combination managed to suck out all the energy and motivation i had in me within the first mile or so, and i was just not excited to be running. at one point, the little whiner voice in my head almost talked me into cutting the route short and it was then that eminem saved my little runner life. ok, not really, but once i heard that first line i knew there was no way i was doing anything but 5 miles today - like it or not.
"Look, if you had one shot, or one opportunity To seize everything you ever wanted-One moment Would you capture it or just let it slip?"
i know. so cheezy, but it get's me every time.
renewed energy, i overcame the whiner in me and pushed forward through the streets so aptly named:

yes, longrun drive and high bluff. pretty much sums it up.
yet still i had the steepest hill of the course in the last mile, and i was fully prepared to skip back to eminem to get me through it. and that's when my girl christina showed up.
"'Cause it makes me that much stronger
Makes me work a little bit harder
It makes me that much wiser
So thanks for making me a fighter
Made me learn a little bit faster
Made my skin a little bit thicker
Makes me that much smarter
So thanks for making me a fighter"
and that's how i made it through 5 miles today folks. true story.
oh, by the way - i ran 3 on tuesday. woopdee.

No comments: