Saturday, May 3, 2008

e·l·e·v·e·n· m·i·l·e·s


where do I begin? how about where we began at around 7am this morning....11 miles from home! jess and I had a good run & kept a good pace (10 1/2 min. miles). I will say that my body knows that we ran a long one today. I am feeling like I just want to lay on the couch and take a nap. All in all it was great -the weather was nice (though it could have been a bit cooler) & no major hiccups along the way. we are ready to tackle this half...but still need to wait the 3 weeks until it is here. I am excited that the longest of of our long runs is complete. I am grateful to have such a great running buddy (thanks, jess!) & for all the detailed conversations we have along the way to help pass the time. we are lucky to live in such a beautiful area where we can catch glimpses of the waves crashing in the ocean to help keep us in good spirits. most of all, I am happy to check this 11-miler off the training schedule - done, complete, finished......HOORAY!

E
L
e
V
Alphabet Block e
N

(just to spell it out for ya)

1 comment:

brooke said...

Awesome! Good job, I'm so proud of you girls, you are definitely ready!