Monday, March 17, 2008

monday, monday

A pretty uneventful day at the clark home. At least the run this evening got me out of my pjs. Please tell me I'm not the only one out there who sometimes goes through a whole day without getting dressed. I mean does the laundry really care what I'm wearing? Anyway, back to the run... we ran at just over a 10 minute mile pace...which felt super fast to me tonight. I'm blaming it on today being Monday. It's funny how sometimes 10 minute miles can seem like just a nice, good pace & other times I feel like I'm sprinting.

So, since I don't have any good stories from the run tonight, I'll answer Kristen's question and give my "running background". I first got into this crazy running business back in 2005. I ran the Carlsbad Marathon on January 16, 2005...26.2 miles on my 26th birthday. Sadly enough, that was probably what got me signed up for the whole thing. Little did I know what I was getting myself into. I just thought, "oh, wouldn't that be so cool to run 26 miles on my 26th birthday!". I think that's the last time I'll celebrate my birthday running! I took a nice long break and then decided to run the AFC half with my husband in August of 2006. I think I can safely say that was the last time I did any sort of regular running. So, in a nutshell, I decide to train & run a race only to be followed immediately by a year and a half break. I guess that's how long it takes me to forget the pain & recommit. I have a feeling it's similar with child-birth...though I'm not sure I'll be ready to get prego with #2 when audra is only 9 months old!

No comments: