Saturday, March 15, 2008

pleasantly surprised

It all began with a good night's rest. audra slept from 8:30pm - 5am! (minor miracle). I think she could have gone all the way to 6:30 or 7am but I'm pretty sure her poops woke her up. We started her on rice cereal last night and I think that may have helped. I'm not sure why she's pooping in the middle of the night, but at least she's pooping. Anyway, back to the running. (thank you for letting me share my mom story).

So, we got up about 7:30am fed the little peanut, ate some breakfast and were on the road by 9:15am...just in time for audra to take her morning nap in the stroller (fingers crossed). I had mapped out a 5 mile course for us and we were on our way. The first mile and a half were a bit rough considering they were all up hill. I'm pretty sure my hubby was a bit frustrated since he began to walk at one point. He has a good excuse though, he's pushing the stroller. He caught back up with me in no time and we were on our way. Audra fell asleep (hooray!) and we made the 5 mile run in just over 50 minutes. I could hardly believe it! I'm not sure if I'll be able to walk to tomorrow but at least I did it, right?!

The best part of all is that I thought the schedule said 7 miles for today's run. So, I was very pleasantly surprised when after reading Brooke's post I double checked and saw that it was 6 miles. Five was definitely enough for me but I am proud of all of you for going the distance.

One last thing, I have NO idea how any of you ran with a stroller (let alone a stroller & a dog). Aaron "let" me push the stroller for a few minutes today (I think he just wanted me to see how tough it is) and I about died. It didn't help that it was uphill and at the end of our run. So, props to all you who manage to run with stroller & baby. I think I'll let my hubby push or
stay home with the babe from now on.

So glad that tomorrow is a day off!!

3 comments:

brooke said...

Yay! Good job! As for pushing the stroller, I rarely do it up anything more than a small hill so that helps. And my times are significantly slower with it. But I also think having a really good light weight jogger helps, I can push that baby with one finger!

kristen said...

Amy, so impressive! I think you need to share your running background. Are you a total newbie like some of us or do you have past experience, (high school, previous races, etc.)? Regardless, what a great run!

jess said...

way to go!! 5 miles? you are catching up quick, girl! so, is aaron going to run the race with us, or what?