Friday, March 14, 2008

better late than never....right?

Hi, it's amy...yes, the girl whose name appears on the right hand side of this blog on the "contributors" list who has yet to contribute a post (I know, I know). For everyone besides Jess (who probably sees me more often than she'd like), let me begin by giving you my stats:
age: 29
occupation: mom (and PT blogger)
baby girl: audra - 4 1/2 months
(adorable but already taken by the one & only "Owey O")

Okay, enough about me! Now to the real purpose of this post. To sum it up in two words, "I'm in". I have finally started training. I decided months and months ago, when all of you began training, that I would join in on the fun and run this half marathon. Between then and now I have delayed the training with a myriad of excuses (I won't even try to list them here). At one point, I had even convinced myself that it was too late. But, I am a faithful reader of the blog and to be honest it was Mique's story that made me realize that I can still do this. So, thank you, Mique. I know the broken toe was anything but pleasant, but now you can say that at least something good came of it, right!?!

To bring you all up to speed on where I'm at...the running for me began last week. I am slowly working up to tackling the training schedule. For now, I am cutting a mile or two off of the long runs. I hope to be able to catch up to all of you superstars in a few weeks....maybe. So there you have it. I am keeping my word & running the half...although I'm not sure that would be the case if it weren't for this blog. Thank you, Jess for getting us all on board & keeping us on track. Happy running to everyone!

amy

p.s. I found this and thought it might be helpful in tracking distance. It may be the same system that Jess talked about earlier using google earth. Just in case it's not, here it is. www.gmap-pedometer.com/

5 comments:

jess said...

yeah!!! welcome, welcome!! i never doubted you!

brooke said...

Yeah! Welcome Amy!

kristen said...

Welcome welcome! So fun to have someone else's input and perspective. Good luck!

kristen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
kristen said...

oh how lame, that was me with the "deleted comment." for some reason it posted my comment twice, that's all! (just fyi)