Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Cheap Tricks

Pretty good run today, again I wanted to ease back into full speed. I ran 5 miles in 62 minutes. I felt good, whew! My shin was hurting this evening, but feels better after some icing. I guess that may become more of a regular thing - me and the frozen grated cheese hanging out, tonight watching Return of the Jedi with my sick 3 yr. old.

Two random tricks that helped my running today. Does anyone else sweat in their elbow crease? Maybe I'm just wierd, and I normally don't really sweat too much elsewhere, but for some reason I get annoyed when I get a little sweaty/drippy in the elbow crease! Well, today I slapped on some deodorant there, and it totally did the trick! How fun!

My other help: so, instead of listening to music (I feel like my list is getting a little old) I listened to a totally cheesy podcast about the Twilight series! Hahaha, yes it was me and three teenage girls discussing (me, just in my head) Edward Cullen and the casting for the movie and wether or not Cedric Diggory can live up to all of our expectations. I must say, it helped the time go by. I know, I'm a total nerd. (And for the record, I was pleased with this casting).

Til next time!

2 comments:

brooke said...

This is a really good idea! I too have been getting so sick of the songs on my ipod. I think I would love listening to a Lost podcast. Do you have to buy them?

kristen said...

I listen to Lost podcasts also, and I only download the free ones from iTunes. The Lost ones are cool, sometimes they interview the actors, kinda fun. I also purchased that book Oprah is reading now, but it's kind of deep so I don't listen that often. But I think audio books are a good idea too, and some are also free