Wednesday, March 26, 2008

The good and the bad...


Ok, I'll start with the good. My kid I tutor canceled today so I had a babysitter for 2 hours and no obligations. I decided it would be a good time to make up for the run I missed on Monday and hopefully have time leftover for a secret errand that I had been DYING to do since baby was born.
That mission was accomplished. I finished my run (details about that coming up), and made it home in time to drop off the dog, change my shirt and go get a pedicure! I couldn't think of a better treat for my feet that have been working so hard these past few months. I hadn't had a pedicure since I was pregnant since it is sort of out of the new one income budget but I had saved my tutoring money and treated myself. It was pure heaven. Seriously revved me up to go back home and be able to deal with world's fussiest baby.

Ok, now the bad. And I am worried it might be really bad. I fell! I was tired and it was hot and I took a shorter way home and I guess I just wasn't paying very close attention and I totally tripped over a spot where the sidewalk buckled up. The good part was that no one saw, I was on this random sidewalk in the middle of our condo complex. The bad part is that I am hurt. My knee (the one that was already hurting) and my ankle both hurt. It isn't terrible pain, I mean I picked my self up and walked/ran home but it hurts. It really hurts when I walk up the stairs. I am so bummed. I can't believe I fell, and I really fell, like just ate it. I dropped the dog's leash and she was so surprised she didn't even run away. I actually think she felt bad for me! So I don't know, I guess I should down some ibuprofen tonight and pray hard that it feels better tomorrow! I won't run tomorrow if it hurts, maybe try to get on the bike at the gym or something but I am definitely not going to push it. I am really really hoping its just a little sore and will feel much better tomorrow. Please send me good vibes!!

1 comment:

kristen said...

Oh no! Sending good vibes, sending good vibes.....That stinks! I hope it is just temporary trauma, and won't be a setback. Just listen to your body (like Jess said) and give it time to heal if needed. Way to go on giving yourself some immediate medicine: a pedicure! Love it! (I have the exact same color on my toes right now, it makes me happy!)