Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Treadmill + 3 yr old = Disaster!

I am so ashamed. Due to some last minute family diffiulties I didn't run on Monday, and this morning I was left only with my treadmill as an option. I started with the best of intentions, although you all know by now how I feel about the treadmill. (If you don't, let me clarify - I hate it). Well after running an hour this morning and only getting through TWO MILES, yes you read that right, TWO, I gave up. I had to stop so many times for my 3 year old (potty break, please turn up my movie downstairs, now I want a different movie, now I'm hungry, now I'm thirsty...). I got so annoyed and frustrated - it just wasn't worth it. I swear I will not attempt that again. I was running at a really fast pace (for me), like a 10.5 pace, just to try to get through it quicker, only to be iterrupted again. And it's hard to stop and start like that. I know I should have plowed through and I feel bummed at myself for giving up and that I didn't hit my goal today (especially after missing yesterday!). But I honestly think I would have been on that blasted treadmill for 3 hours to get to five miles. And I had a few other things on my agenda today! A toddler just cannot have mommy so close and yet not available - he was thinking of everything he could to get me off of that thing - and throwing the biggest fattest majorest meltdown tantrums while doing it. Lovely. I wanted to run tonight but we have Enrichment night and I'm bringing the funeral potatoes. How appropriate. So it seems I'll be playing my favorite game this week: catch-up. This seems to be the theme of my life lately (laundry, dishes, homework, etc.). So... that's my story - I gotta blog the bad days as well as the good. Oh, and I registered. I'm official!

No comments: