Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Like a pig? Like a cow?

Since I can't post about my running (curse you stupid toe).....I want to get your opinions.
Kristen and I went to Red Robin last night and stuffed our faces with Blue Ribbon burgers.
Yum.
As we were talking, she brought up (or did I? can't remember) the whole healthy eating thing. The subject we both hate. Which is probably why we are best friends. Anyway- she said she wanted me to start another blog (I think I'm going for the blog record- 5 blogs? Really. Somebody shoot me). She suggested a blog to hold everyone accountable for the food we eat. It could be anyone (other friends out there, not just gazelles). We would write what we'd eaten for the day. That way we might want to eat healthier if we have to tell what we're eating.
I know she's got the running thing down. I'm hoping to be back out there next weekish (after xrays again of course). But if we're really gonna run a good solid race, we know that we (ughhhhh) have to eat well also. Blue Ribbon burgers just aren't going to cut it.
So we laughed as she said, "You know like "Like a Pig instead of 'Like a Gazelle.'"
What do ya say? Would you be willing to write what you'd eaten during the day?
We could give each other tips too.
I don't want to go on a full blown diet. I just want to eat more sensibly. And to actually give myself nutrients other than prune juice (DP of course) and fried potatoes (french fries).
Any takers?

3 comments:

jess said...

wow. that's dedication. i don't know what i think about that other than the fact that all of my secrets will be out in the open and you will all say "no wonder she hasn't hit her goal weight yet even though she's running like a crazy woman!"
i may have to stew over this one. i mean, i think it would really work, but i don't know if i'm quite ready to give up my little binges here and again. i guess if you all do it, it would motivate me to hop on board- but man i may be humiliated!!

brooke said...

Ahhh, I've been thinking of just posting what I eat on here. There is a good blog I read one day called Sister Skinny, I can't remember where I found it but it is two sisters with the same concept.
I would be totally down. I really need to get serious about eating and the rubios I had tonight probably wasn't the best either...

kristen said...

yes yes yes! Let's do it - let's all be mortified together. No one can have worse habits than me. What have we got to lose? (A: haha, for me, 15 lbs to be exact!)