Monday, March 3, 2008

Heartbeat...


Today was heinous. I will powered my way through and am so glad to be done. I did my 4 mile hill-fest. I forgot to time myself again - must get sportwatch. I left around noon, and had only had a banana and a cookie all day, and not much water. Obviously poor planning on my part! I was going to go this morning, but since it sounded like my house was going to blow away while I was laying in bed (man, those Santa Anas!), I chickened out and waited. About an hour and a half ago my husband (who often works from home) said go now or else I had to wait til tonight, so I just went. The sun was beating down on me and I think the wind was against me going both directions, is that possible?


Anyway, I know I'm a big whiner, but I'm actually laughing while I type this. I was so tired it was comical, I was laughing that kind of haha/crazy/psycho laugh. The highlight, or maybe lowlight, was the music. I think it was Brooke who was getting annoyed a few weeks ago when her baby's lullaby music kept popping up. That was totally me today, except with Christmas music and kids's music. I forwarded through so many songs. My 3yr. old's batman song is just not gonna get me up that hill.


The best part? I had just made it to the top of the toughest hill and the song ended and I was wondering what champion song would come on to power me through...so I was huffing and puffing and waiting...and I kept thinking, oh my gosh, my heart is going to pound out of my chest!...and I kept waiting...and I finally looked to see if my iPod was stuck...and it was on a song from a lullaby CD that is only a baby's heartbeat! I was laughing and running and probably looked like a crazy person. Ohhhhhhhhhhh, I need to go drink some water, I'm a little scared of myself right now.

1 comment:

jess said...

ha!! that is hilarious... love the heartbeat music!!