Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Have you ever?

Written a whole post, published it and realized you were on the wrong blog!? I just did that and wondered why Jessica decided to change the background of our blog! Oops!

Anyway, I have been slacking!
Slacking on blogging, yes, slacking on running--NO! I realized today I never wrote about Saturday and then I started thinking, wow, has it been almost a week since I blogged about my runs? And I see that it has. I am sorry for being a blog slacker but the sun has been shining and the beach has been calling my name so we've been spending most of our days there... AFTER our runs of course.
I thought today that it was kind of a good thing I hadn't thought about blogging much because I usually blog to complain! I have had some decent days lately so let me sum them up...

Saturday--
Ran the same course at Thursday but made sure to do the full 5 miles plus a little extra. Ran with the baby but not the dog. Ran slow but felt pretty good. I think it took me about 65 min but I didn't stop the stop watch for stoplights so I take of 5 min for them.

Monday--
Ran on the treadmill. Ran "random" hills and tried desperately to keep up the pace. Did 4 miles in 45 min, good time for me. I ran slower at the start and faster at the end, ending up at about a 10:30 mile for the last mile but also thought I was going to die doing that. I see Jessica is kicking my trash when it comes to speed.
Also, happy thing on Monday, lost some more weight putting me at 6 lbs over my pre pre pregnancy weight (before any pregnancy). Yay! I am hoping to get to the pre pre pregnancy weight and another 10 lbs from there before summer. I think it can be done.

Tuesday--
Baby slept in until 8! (not that he slept that whole time, he woke up a lot but the last stretch went until then which was awesome). We had to haul to get out there since we had plans later. Puppy came with since I'd be leaving her for the rest of the day. Well, guess who pooped out? Yup, the dumb dog. She pooped out at a spot where I knew if we went a little further it would be 4.6 miles. I pushed her to there (ok pretty much DRAGGED her) and she was eager to run once we turned in the direction of home. I tricked her though and did a lap around the neighborhood before going to our house which put me at 5.1 miles. According to my ipod we did it in 12 min. I think that is either a new world record, or when I pushed pause at one of the stop lights I never pushed resume. I'm going with new world record, so watch out because at that pace I think the whole half will only take me about 26 min.

I think that catches us up! I am feeling a little down about how slow I am but still proud that I could say very casually today that we "just" did 5 miles this morning, as if that is nothing and really, it kind of did feel like nothing! I guess I just don't know how to go faster. I can't seem to pace myself when out there in real life. Maybe I need to get one of my friends who is a faster runner to come out and pace me but I'm kind of embarrassed to say, yeah I usually average like a 13 min mile. Oh well. My goal last time was just to finish and considering that I've given birth twice since then I think that would be a pretty good goal for this one too. I never stressed about time before, in fact I never even took a watch, just ran. So I think I need to get back to that attitude again.

My running "partner" and I! I really do feel like we are in this together, I always ask him how his run was and he responds with a huge smile. Then we do our stretches together which he gets SUCH a kick out of. He doesn't do much for my pace though. Maybe if he could talk--"Faster mommy! Faster!" He prefers to run in his pjs which you can see. It makes it so I don't have to put sunscreen on his feet!

2 comments:

jess said...

such a cute picture of you and your running partner!! way to go brookie.... you're lookin SKIIIIINNNNY!

kristen said...

This post was so cute, it almost made me wish I had a baby to run with and cheer me on. Almost.