Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Staying Alive

Nothing new or exciting to report today. I did my 4 miles (the non-hill route today) in about 45 minutes (that is me looking at the clock before I leave the house and as soon as I walk in the door, so not totally accurate, but it gives me some idea). My hubs said that is about an 11.25 mile, which for me is pretty darn good.

Interesting question you posed Jess. I personally don't want to get too caught up in the timing and stress myself out. You and Brooke are more experienced than little ol' me and I think ya'll should go for it. We should all just be aiming for our personal best. I've started paying more attention to my time to make sure I am not short changing myself and to make sure I'm pushing myself a little bit to improve, but really I'm just so proud of myself that I'm still in this and not dead. Or luckily, not injured (knocking on wood). I have no problem whatsoever coming in dead stone cold last - those who know me know I don't give a rip really what people think of me. I'll just be happy to finish!

I have to take a moment here also to address something I was thinking of this morning during my run. I just want to bear my testimony :) and say I love this blog and really want to thank you girls for helping me and inspiring me. Blogging about my runs has really been a key tool for me to stick with this training program. I know I don't know you all that well, but it helps me so much to know I have to run and report. And I'm always so excited to see what you all have to report too. Thanks for putting this together Jess, I can't wait to meet you all in person someday soon. Hey, maybe we should have a pre-race get together!

Today's song: Staying Alive, by the BeeGees (yes, really)

1 comment:

jess said...

so glad the blog is helping you... i know it totally helps me and motivates me to do better than i would if it were just for me to know!!