Sunday, March 2, 2008

My excuse

I feel bad for you all with your big full boobs, runny noses and no sleep (really I do). But I just have to pipe in here and say at least you can go.
As Jess and Kristen already know, I went to the doctor on Thurs. And after over 2 hours for a 10 min. thing, the xrays showed my toe is still broken. The doc told me I have at least 2 more weeks to heal but maybe 4.
I guess it's silly that I am dying to run. But I am. Josh even told me this week that I need to get back out there because when I was running I was happier!?! Huh?
I'm really bummed because I know that a non-runner like myself doesn't have a shot in H-E-double hockey sticks of running the race if I don't get back in the saddle soon. Kristen even said, "There are always other 1/2 marathons, this isn't in the only one." I yelled at her. I didn't even want to think about it. But the truth is, I'm losing my hope and fear that indeed I might not be there in my cute running skirt begging to be taken away on a stretcher. I might have to be on the sidelines. NO NO NO NO NO. Just writing that makes me want to puke. I've never been a quiter. I don't want to start now.
So think of me while you're aching, sweaty and looking sexy in those running clothes slurping down the GU. I wish I could be with you.

3 comments:

jess said...

don't give in just yet miq!!!
i know - it may sound next to impossible to train in 2 months, but i think you should get good and healed and then train as much as you can (without injuring yourself again of course!) and see how you feel come middle of may.
sorry for the whining. i know - i am LUCKY i get to run. (never thought i'd say that!!)

kristen said...

Miq - I just have to say that breaking a bone does not equate with quitting. No one thinks you quit, we know you would be out there hobbling in your boot thing if we weren't keeping our eye on you. This experience will make you always appreciate the years of running we will do together and when we have all run our 50th race together, we'll look back and laugh. promise.

kristen said...

and sorry for the whining too :(