Monday, January 14, 2008

2 steps forward, 1 step back


Remember this post? It seems that someone is playing a joke on me. I finally found my Ipod only to have it destroyed less than a week later (before my training even started) by Princess Bubble Bath. ARGHHHHHHHH. Josh doesn't think it necessary to spend another $300 to just make me un-insane (not a word I know) while running. Double ARGGHHHH...I'll keep you posted on the Ipod drama.
In other news...a secret friend and I began training yesterday. I woke up at 5:15am yesterday (though didn't get a great nights sleep since I was nervous to start). I met at my friends house and we were off. We ran about 30 mins and according to her it was a little bit more than 2 miles. Now that's award winning pace- 15 mile minutes. Woo hooo....oh well. We did it. I wasn't sore until later yesterday and not too bad. Today we did it again and I felt even better. We're following the schedule from this book.
There's something to be said for waking up before the crack of dawn, getting it out of the way, and starting the day off right. I came home both yesterday and today feeling refreshed. And I was also much more patient with my 3 crazies while trying to get all ready and out the door by 7:20am. Added little bonus. :)

No comments: