Monday, January 21, 2008

There's a reason...

I have a training partner.
Today I went it alone. I ran/walked 3 miles (I know to the T because of Google Earth- thanks Jess) in a little over 35 mins. I was pretty proud- I ran most of the way but I was alone and it was raining, cold and I was running on an incline the whole way home!!! I just kept talking to myself, "Miq, you can do it. Miq you can do it." Thanks to my running partner's Ipod full of fun music, I made it (remember mine was ruined by the Princess bubble bath soap). Still both my friend and I realized today that we prefer going together rather than separately- it goes so much quicker when you have someone to talk too. She did make the point though that on race day, there's a big chance we won't actually stay together the whole time. So we need to get used to not having someone to talk to. I'm hoping between the 7 of us I will have someone to talk to for the 3ish hours.
On the custom t-shirt front, I found this website. I even found a racerback tank top at Brooke's suggestion. They have all different colors and are on sale right now. You can add whatever text/graphic you want. Sounds spiffy to me. But we probably need to do it soon if we want to get the sale price. What do you think? And there needs to be a vote on the graphic still. I would say nothing with "New Mom" on it just cuz there are 3 of us "Old Moms" running. And no stroller graphic for the same reason. My secret friend liked the Marathon Mother one too. I kinda like the first one's general idea if it said something different and had the Belly Fat one's graphic. Does that make sense? Anyway- let me know......
And I'll be back up at 5:30 am tomorrow, PROBABLY IN THE RAIN again. I'm nervous but I know I gotta do it......thank heavens I'll have my secret partner with me.

1 comment:

Carlie said...

Ya, those tanks are way cute! Sounds good to me!