Saturday, January 19, 2008

Feeling good

I just got back from my long run. I must admit I was a tad bit nervous about going for 45 mins straight. Especially considering up until this week the most I'd ever run was about 15 mins at once. Now all the sudden this week I'm up to 30 and now 45 mins. I've had a secret running partner through it all (who I think will make herself known soon; she's planning on doing the 1/2 marathon with us). And it has helped big time.
So we were off. My running mate has a bunch of different routes mapped out for us. Today it was a little over 3 miles. We ran most of it and walked some. We ran for about 30 mins straight and then walked and then ran then walked. My secret friend and I talked about how well things were going- we've really enjoyed having each other to train with. I don't think I'd be nearly as motivated if I didn't have her. It's been nice. But I think it's also great to have this blog so we can support each other here as well. There's something about being a part of something bigger and a team. I've appreciated all the advice and support so far.
On another topic- I want to make tshirts for our team and I want to know what you guys think. I read in my book that we shouldn't wear anything on race day that's new. So I thought I would make shirts, send them off, have everyone train in them (plus that would be kind of cool and unifying I think) and then wear them for race day. Even if just for a little bit. I get that you all might not want to wear them the whole time- that's fine. So ideas- raglan t's? Regular crew neck? What colors? Do we want it to say Operation Gazelle on it? Would you like to have nicknames on it- like choose an animal or something? I'm just throwing it out there. Please tell me what you think......
Good luck this week girls!!

3 comments:

Carlie said...

oaky, I think the t-shirt idea is great! I don't have many suggestions. We have a graphic designer in our midst, let's put him to the task! Something cute and fun!
Way to go on your run!

jess said...

we're on it...
and by the way - i am pretty sure you and your secret partner are going to leave the rest of us in the dust! good job miq!

brooke said...

Good job! You inspired me! As for the t-shirts, last time I did a half I bought a "racers tank" it is a really light weight breathable tank that has a spot to put your number. I wonder if we could find something like that that was plain white a put a design on it. Or we can do a t but I would probably throw it off after a while, and I'd love to have something to keep!