Monday, January 28, 2008

Week 3, Day 2

Today was a hard 40 minutes, but I don't have the excuses like you do Jess. My knee just hurts! I'm getting over the shin splint and staph infection and now this! I wore a knee brace today which really helped. I am starting to realize that this isn't going to get easier, just harder. If it was getting easier I wouldn't notice because our mileage just goes up. Oh well, it is a challenge and I'm up for it!

I need a quote to put on the wall above my treadmill. Any suggestions?
Also, Brooke, where do you buy that chafing cream? My arm started chafing on Saturday.

Oh! Have you tried Clif bars? They're super yummy and filling. They are a lot of calories (250) and a lot of carbs (45g ) so I would'nt eat them if I wasn't running but they say to not eliminate carbs when you run. I like Peanut Butter the best.

3 comments:

Mique (as in Mickey) said...

Hey Carlie- I don't know if you read my post from yesterday. But I had to give a talk on overcoming obstacles- I saw that marathon movie on Thurs and the very opening line was "Sometimes the things that challenge us the most define us." I love that quote. I think I'm gonna paste it next to my running schedule....just a thought.

Mique (as in Mickey) said...

Sorry exact quote is this:
"Sometimes the moments that challenge us the most define us"

Carlie said...

I love it Miq, Thanks!