Monday, January 28, 2008

Long time no post....

First, LOVE Carlie's wall. Good job- how do you hear a quote in the morning and have it pasted to your wall by the afternoon. You are amazing.
Anyway....I haven't posted in awhile. Could be because I missed Thursday's run (running friend's child was puking and it was POURING). And then Saturday was tough. I must say that Josh did the cutest thing- he asked what route I take before I left. I told him. Then as my friend and I were running, he drove up, windows down had the kids holding bottles of water for both of us and cheering us on. It was very sweet. Then when I got home, there was one doughnut (one of my faves) and he had saved it just for me (anyone who knows my kiddos knows that was a true act of love since he probably had to fight to keep one doughnut for me). Sweet huh?
The run on Saturday was long. A challenge. I was feeling it. We did run all but a couple of minutes though out of 50- not bad. For the first time though I thought- this is really tough. I think I'm fooling myself because things have gone pretty well so far and I keep thinking we're only running HALF a marathon not a full one. HA! As of 2 weeks ago I hadn't ran 2 miles in my whole life probably and now I think it's no biggie to run 13.1??!!?? What the?? The doughnut did cheer me up though.
On top of that, today I went to my friend's house at 5:30am (we meet at her house since I live literally amidst the biggest hills in Saugus). Knocked on the door. Waited in the cold for 5 mins then 10 mins in my car. I finally drove home. NOT a good way to start the day. Just FYI don't tell your body you will be running and then go home without doing so. I was in a terrible mood. My friend did redeem herself though by calling and offering to have her husband watch Drew for me while we went running. So we went. Again, tough run. I had to stop towards the end. I think I like running at 5:30 am when it's under 40 degrees and nobody can see us. Is that weird? Cuz on both Saturday (8am run) and today (9am run) it was hot (a whopping 55 degrees- heaven help me come May weather while running 13.1 miles), and bright and just not nearly as fun. Anyone else have weird theories like this?
SO I'm gonna do it- I'm gonna "out" my friend that will be joining us. Maybe she'll actually come up with a name for her blog so I can add her to this one. KRISTEN are you reading this, hello? My secret running partner (is it really a secret?) is my closest friend here, Kristen H. I've known her for about 4 years now (is that right?). She has a big house full of kids (4), is fun to be around and we just have a lot of the same likes (I think). Eating good food and talking are at the top of the list (behind raising our children and being good little wifeys of course). So she will be there at the end of May. We have both told each other that we really do love running together. Who knew? She's been running for awhile now. Me, not so much. But we just talk the whole time and it goes by so much faster. We seem to be well suited pace wise as well. It's turned out to be such a wonderful thing. She said she wanted to start posting so hopefully she will soon. Is that ok Jess?
Oh and I plan to post about that marathon movie- did anyone else see it? We braved terrible weather with about 1 1/2 hours of traffic. It was worth it. However since you probably stopped reading back at paragraph one, I'll stop here and save it for later.
Here's hoping for a better, EARLY run tomorrow!

2 comments:

Carlie said...

Welcom Kristen! I can't wait to hear your posts. I love this blog!

I can't wait to hear about the movie!

kristen said...

you forgot to mention the homemade chocolate chip cookies that I also tried to bribe you with for forgiveness! (Yes, I was a bad bad friend).

I'm freaking out! I've been outed! Hopefully I can post soon.