Thursday, January 17, 2008

I found it!


No, not a missing blankie, we haven't had any tragedies like that on our runs, but I think I found my GROOVE! Yes, that missing groove that has been gone from my runs seems to have found its way back to me. I don't know if it was the cool breeze, the super skinny girl with my same stroller and a baby the same age running the other way, the fact that I am going off of about 3 hours of sleep a night for the past week or what, but I seemed to feel pretty dang good today on my run. The poor puppy has had a rough few days since I started ditching her so since I didn't feel good (I have a cold and the whole 3 hour a night thing isn't helping much either) I thought we'd be slow today so she could come along. I wasn't feeling into it. I had taken yesterday off since we had one of those awful nights that seem to be our new norm and I had to babysit for a friend. I walked SLOWLY down to the jogging trail and then decided I needed to at least TRY to run. So I ran. And I ran. And I ran a little more! When we got to our turning around point I usually walk for a little bit... not today! We turned around and kept running. We got to the place where we can walk up either the big hill to go home or the little hill to go home. I looked at my stopwatch, we had been running for 21 min (straight!) I thought, "you can do NINE more! What is nine more minutes!?" So we kept going. We went the other way on the trail and you know what? I felt GOOD! Puppy was relatively cooperative, baby was fast asleep, ipod was jammin and we were on a roll! So I ran for 30 min with the stroller and then just to top things off, we walked up the BIG hill to get home. Feels GOOD!

No comments: