Friday, January 18, 2008

so maybe i am a bad mom afterall...

week 2, day 5:
since i decided to sleep in until owey woke up this morning (good choice) that left me with only a few options to do my 30 min run this morning (bad choice). i could either haul out the stroller again and try and brave the hills around my house (bad choice), drive somewhere to find a somewhat flat spot and haul out the stroller to run there (bad choice), or i could use idea #c from yesterday's post (good choice?)
after a lot of thought i decided it was worth a shot. now that o is a little bigger he can entertain himself for a while in the carseat. i figured the worst thing that could happen was he would freak out and we would have to try the stroller again. so, we gave it a shot.
have i ever told you what a good boy i have? granted, he was not an easy baby at the start, but i am so charmed by his increasingly good behavior and willingness to help me out every once in a while. i set him next to me by the treadmill and did my 30 min run while watching "saved by the bell, the college years" (whose idea was that anyway?) and o sat there completely relaxed like a good little boy. not even a peep. a-mazing.
i guess i should have known. the treadmill does sound an awful lot like a vacuum (which he loves), static radio (which he loves), and the dryer (which he loves). my feet pounding down on it? just like a heartbeat (which he also loves). genious.
is that such a bad thing?
oh, and the run felt great. i don't know that i'm getting faster quite yet, but it's not as painful as it was last week! hey - progress is progress, right?

4 comments:

brooke said...

When I lived in Provo people used to do that ALL the time at Gold's Gym! I have seriously contemplated trying to somehow get away with it at my current gym (since I am WAY too cheap to pay the $2 babysitting fee) but somehow I don't think they would allow it. I don't think you are a bad mom at all! I would totally do it if given the chance.

Carlie said...

bad mom? How does that make you a bad mom? Your baby was happy and content and he got to watch you work out! You're a great mom! You took care of yourself and Owen at the same time! You're a genious!

Carlie said...

Wow, have you checked out our following? That map is covered with dots!

jess said...

thanks girls. now i won't feel so guilty if i do it again!! and by the way - according to google analytics our blog has been visited 285 times since January 6th. pretty cool!