Thursday, January 24, 2008

I PEED my pants!

So, we too were foiled by the rain. We were up, almost ready to go and I thought, what is that noise? Did the heater turn on? Is there a fan on? No, it was a torrential downpour! Blast! Since I don't have the option of bringing the carseat to the gym, I knew I would have to wait until tonight when Aaron got home and go to the gym. And of course, as soon as I get in the shower and get ready for the day, the sun comes out. Oh well, what can you do?

Now, on to the GOOD part. So I dutifully made dinner so it would be all ready as soon as Aaron got home so I could go straight to the gym but he wouldn't have to wait for dinner. I had a bottle ready for baby and I took off. This was my first treadmill run. I thought it would be interesting to see how fast I was running. I got on, walked for a little warm up and started running. Crap. I am doing 13 min miles. And I might be going even slower on the road. So as I was almost done with my 35 min, I decided I needed to step it up a notch at the end. I decided to sprint the last "lap" (.25 miles). I cranked that treadmill up and I started running. I was feeling good! I was running fast! (ok like 10 min miles) I cranked it up a little more! Whoo hoo! Then it happened. I felt like I was leaking a little pee. Well, what do you expect I just had a baby? Then I felt like I was leaking a little MORE pee. But I couldn't stop! I was doing so well and I only had like 30 seconds left! Then I felt like I was full on peeing my pants! I mean it wasn't like dripping down my legs or anything but let's just say it is a GOOD thing I was wearing black pants. Well, no time for stretching at the gym, I thanked my lucky stars I had a sweatshirt to tie around my waist and I got the HECK out of there!
Anyway, I have to say that was my most embarrassing running moment so far. Ahhh, thank you Zachary for making your mother incontinent.

2 comments:

jess said...

don't worry brooke. i used to pee my pants every single time i ran the 400 in track. every time. the difference is i was so numb during the last 100 yards i didn't even know i was peeing,and oh yeah - i hadn't had a baby yet.
no wonder i quit!

Carlie said...

Ahh, motherhood. What we do for our little kiddies!Oh, and I think I am currently running a 14 minute mile, so good job! You're doing better than me!