Friday, January 11, 2008

Hey Girls!


I am so excited to join you but very nervous and quite intimidated. Let me start though by introducing myself since I don't know some of you. My name is Carlie . I was roommates with Jess our Freshmen and Sophomore year's at BYU. I then married the man of my dreams, Jeffrey. We have almost been married 9 years and have 4 kids, ages 7, 5, 19mo and 6mo. Yes, that's right, you didn't read it wrong. My last two are 13 months apart. I know, I'm crazy, but I guess someone thought I could handle it. I live in UT and have a little home business making Binkie Clips and other baby accessories that keeps me plenty busy when I run out of things to do like changing diapers and making bottles (ha, ha).

Like I said I am a little intimidated. I am by far the farthest away from running a 1/2 marathon. After having 4 babies I have about 45 pounds to loose. That is scary to say (write) out loud but its the truth. I have been weight training with a trainer for about 9 months but haven't done much cardio. I have never run more than a 5k and have only done that a handful of times. I never ran a 7 minute mile like Jess. I'm lucky if I can run a mile in 12 minutes. Well, now you know all the dirty facts about me. Maybe I'm really not cut out for this yet but I am going to give it a try and if I have to walk the last 10 miles so be it! :)

Thanks for the invite Jess, and good luck with your workouts everyone!

3 comments:

brooke said...

Yay Carly! I wanted you to know that in my last half I averaged 12 min miles so I am right on track with you. I have NEVER run a 7 min mile, even in high school! The good news is the race has a 4 hour or 20 min per mile time limit so we're safe!

jess said...

umm... a 7 min mile is like a pipe dream at this point - and certainly not a goal! i really don't care how long it takes to finish, just as long as we do it. i'm so glad you're part of the team carlie! this is going to be awesome!!

Mique (as in Mickey) said...

Yeah Carlie. Jess mentioned to me that you might be joining. I'm super excited to be involved in such an empowering thing.
Let the journey begin.