Saturday, January 19, 2008

Schedules





Jess said she and Carlie are following the schedule from the funny book. So here it is.
Also I've been reading this book too and it's super inspiring.
My secret friend and I are doing a combo approach-
to the funny book and the book above. So here's what
our second week will look like:
Sunday:rest
Monday: 35 mins run
Tuesday: 35 mins run
Wednesday:rest
Thursday: 40 mins run
Friday:rest
Saturday: 50 mins run
If you want to know why I'm doing it
this way you can email me (provost_mique@hotmail.com)
or comment.

There will be a marathon movie showing in select theaters this Thurs, Jan. 24th at 7:30pm. It's called Spirit of the Marathon. It's only on that night. But if you go to this link and put in your zip code it will show you which theaters closest to you are showing it.


On a sidenote I went to a posh Marshall's in Burbank last night and ended up hitting the jackpot. I got a new running jacket, socks (the really good ones that I just bought for $10 a piece were priced 2 for $5 there!!), a running skirt (don't laugh- I'll look cute in it by May), ear thing to keep my ears warm at 5:30am. And New Balance shoes. For $34. Yesiree. I tried them on, they felt great. And they were originally well over $100. I've heard from a lot of runners that you should rotate shoes if you can- to make sure you don't go through one pair by the time the race starts. So I figured I could rotate between my new expensive Pearl Izumis and my deal of the week New Balances. So the bottom line is- go check out Marshall's near you or someplace similar.


If you're looking for more running inspiration, I recommend my two "blog friends" Kristi and Holly. They both just finished their first marathons. On their sidebars they have running sections. For music, inspiration, their journeys, etc, etc. I realize some of you have ran marathons or half marathons before as well. And then there are people like me- a true beginner. I'm looking for info anywhere I can get it. I'm sure those that know me well aren't surprised that I have jumped right in with both feet- I can get a little um.....obsessive? Such a negative connotation to that word. I don't like it.

Anyway- I'm excited that I'm excited. Ta-ta for now.

2 comments:

jess said...

thanks miq!! good luck this week!

Carlie said...

I'd love to know your resaons for your workout schedule. Thanks for posting that, I think I'll do the same.
Also, You'll have to tell us how that movie is. That's my sewing class night!