Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Back in the game...


Well, like Carlie, I was feeling like CRUD yesterday. Plus my mom was in town, plus my overstimulated thanks to Grandma baby did not sleep well. Plus I didn't stretch well on Monday and I was HURTING! So I switched my off day to Tuesday, but we were back on the road today. I felt decent, although in the back of my mind I kept thinking of Jessica's post where she said she "jogged" instead of "ran" and I wondered if anything that I do could actually be considered "running". Hmmm. I really don't have a difference as of right now.

Anyway, I decided to change things up a bit, plus one side of the trail had been smelling like sewage lately, so we went a ways further down the trail than we usually do. I was feeling pretty good having seen new parts of the trail I had never seen before and as I approached the spot where I can either take the long way home or the short way home I looked at my ipod stop watch to see how much time I had left. Well, wouldn't you know when I had hit start it apparently didn't catch and I was still on 0:00! I was bummed, not knowing how long I had been going and my first instinct said, "you have SURELY gone at least 35 min, you went farther than usual on the trail! You can just WALK home. The EASY way." But I knew that I had cut out the sewer part of the trail so I probably still had at least five min to go. So, the only thing I knew I would feel good about was to take the long way, and RUN. I didn't quite run up the BIG hill (it is nearly impossible with the stroller) but I did run the rest of the way and I felt good! In fact, I think I might have gone 40 min or more! Maybe not looking at the clock could be a good thing sometimes!

And I learned my lesson. I stretched well. I vow to NEVER not stretch after a run ever again!

1 comment:

jess said...

glad you are feeling better! and when i say "jog" i mean "joooogggg!" i think on the treadmill my pace was at like a 17 min mile or something. i could walk at the same pace if i wanted to, but i just knew i had to jog rather than walk! way to push yourself!