Saturday, January 19, 2008

I Almost Died Today!

Okay, so today was the long run. 45 minutes. Just like Miq, I haven't run more than 30 through this thing so I was a bit nervous. So to start at the beginning...yesterday I saved most of my calories for date night with Jeffrey. We got to the restaurant and I ordered my favorite salad without the chicken. The guy must have thought I wasn't hungry or something because he brought out my salad and it was the size of a side salad! I had eaten like 450 calories all day and I was REALLY excited to eat my normal big honken salad! So, I took it as a sign and kept my mouth shut. So anywhooo, I started my run off this morning hungry and week from a lack of calories. I thought for sure I wouldn't make it more than 10 minutes. I kept going, and going and after what seemed like eternity I made it to 45 minutes!!! Yay!!!! Without stopping!!! I was about dead but I did it. I am so sore and tired now but oh well, it's Saturday and I have tomorrow off. So, the moral of the story, once again, is that if I can run 45 consecutive minutes, than so can anyone!

Jess, so what's our schedule like next week? I promise my book is coming in the mail soon!

1 comment:

jess said...

don't go dyin on us carlie! good job on your run today. isn't it an awesome feeling? i just have to keep reminding myself when i want to stop that the sense of accomplishment when i am done will feel so much bigger and better than the pain i am feeling in that instance (of course in a safe way). you are doing great!