Tuesday, January 29, 2008

38 minutes... slap my hand.

i unfortunately underestimated the how fast (slow) i would run the course i mapped out for today. it was a loop around some major streets in my neighborhood and i was sure it would be just about 40 min. unfortunately i found myself almost back to my house at about 35 minutes. since i did not want to head off into some other neighborhood due to the major hills all around my house, i decided to run around our complex for a few minutes. then i got bored and threw in the towel at 38 minutes. i know- what a shame.
i have yet to find my groove on the streets. i am not too fond of major thoroughfares because i have already had too many people that i know see me in all my glory. plus, i have to run on the sidewalk for fear of crazy teenage drivers plowing right through me and little owey. sidewalk running isn't the best for my knees, so i think i may have to give that up. i really liked the bike trail that i took on saturday, but i can't imagine doing it with the stroller. there is not a flat spot on the whole trail. it is either uphill or down, and i may literally drop dead if i had to do that with the big red sled. so, i still search for the perfect training. i would ask you all for suggestions, but i suppose that doesn't work since we are all training all over the place! (kinda cool, actually).
have a good day off tomorrow! (or cross i suppose). i will be up at miq's celebrating little julia's 6th b-day. i can't believe she will be that old!

min run: 38
miles run: 2.6

1 comment:

Carlie said...

Way to go Jess, that's a good thing that you finished sooner than you thought!