Saturday, January 12, 2008

Team O'Farrell: Finishing Week One Strong!

Don't think I've dropped out because I haven't posted in a few days! We've been dealing with a sick, unhappy baby and my nights have been ROUGH which makes leaving the house at all the next day a little more rough. So Thursday we hit the trails again, I tried to run for 10 min straight (never thought that would be as hard as it was). My stopwatch feature on my cel phone somehow got cleared before my 10 min were up but I kept going for what I thought was the right amount of time. Then I walked for a while and did it again. I was hurtin' bad but felt proud. Thursday night was a really awful night so Friday was a wash. I will make up the 30 min walk on Sunday. Today (Saturday) I thought I would hit the trails alone. But then I had a vision. A vision of our whole little family out for a Saturday morning jog. The picture in my mind was so great I just HAD to talk Aaron into going with us. And what a picture it was. I forgot that our dog has this problem when we are together that she needs to be with BOTH of us, if one is ahead or behind it causes major issues. But we were too wide to run side by side with both adults, the jogger and the dog, plus I get anxious when Aaron runs right next to me, I like him behind me so that I can't see how easy it is for him! I told him I was so slow he could probably just walk behind me! (I didn't ask him later if that is what he did). Anyway, the dog was a little annoying but I discovered something. It was a TON easier to run with JUST the dog or JUST the baby. I had the dog on the way out, the baby on the way back. I ran most of what I usually walk/run. It was hard, it was warm, my lungs felt like they might burst out of my chest, but it was a GOOD day! I feel good about what we did and now I know that I really do need to leave one of the two tag alongs behind. (Don't call CPS, I'm sure it will be the dog and not the baby!).
So bring it on week 2, we're ready!

1 comment:

jess said...

alright! week 2 here we come!!