Tuesday, January 22, 2008

ouch.

ok, 35 min today and i'm feeling it.
tomorrow is the day that i will go to the running store in encinitas (per brooke's recommendations) and see if there is some miracle worker that can save my knees. new shoes, new strap thing, whatever it takes. i am not going to let this get in my way.
i really had to jog, not run this morning because of my knee, and surprisingly - the rest of my body feels great. i am not sore elsewhere like i thought i would be, and overall i feel good. i am anxious to see what the shoe gods can do for me to make things even better.
on a side note, i printed out my adapted running schedule (using the one miq posted and modified it to not run on sundays, etc.) i stuck it to my front door (on the inside of course) as a reminder of what is to come. it's actually pretty intimidating. like in 3 weeks when our long run jumps suddenly from 60 min to 90 min. what's with that??

4 comments:

Mique (as in Mickey) said...

Love your idea- I am SO copying it.

Carlie said...

Me too, can I get a copy so I don't have to make my own? Thanks!

jess said...

i'll email it to you guys...

brooke said...

I want a copy too! I am a little nervous that a run increases that much though, a half hour longer? Which plan is that from, the funny book? I might tweak that, sounds like it could induce injury. I would worry about increasing long runs too fast. I guess I might combine the Hal Higdon plan w/ this other one. I like the time thing for now since I have no idea how far I'm running on the jogging trail. I never had a long run increase by more than a mile a week I believe.