Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Day 3: Goin' Solo

So being VERY sore and very tired I decided I needed to change things up a bit. Today I hit the gym. Yes, that's right the gym that I have been paying $40 a month for for the last almost year without using it. I think I went a few times right after I got pregnant with Zach. The good news was I still knew where it was. The bad news was that I had to pay $10 because I had lost my membership card. I waited until Aaron got home from work which was very dangerous because once I'm showered and dressed for the day I often lose my motivation to get sweaty. Plus I had plans for later that night AND Aaron had plans to play basketball so my window was small. But I was determined not to be a slacker on day 3. So as soon as Aaron got home from work I handed off the baby and headed over. "I JUST had a baby," I said to the girl behind the desk while explaining to her that I lost my card. For some reason I felt like the computer was going to flash the date that I had last swiped my card so I better give her my excuse. Never mind that there were three very pregnant girls working out behind me proving that yes, pregnant people DO actually use their gym memberships (the crazy ones). So off I headed. The gym was packed full of other people I'm sure with their New Year's resolutions (I'm sure they'll all be gone by February). I lifted weights and did the eliptical machine and felt pretty good about day 3. Tomorrow we hit the trails again. There is no motivation like looking at yourself in a mirror at the gym for an hour!

3 comments:

Mique (as in Mickey) said...

Good job Brooke. I was just saying to a friend- the one bummer about deciding to do this now is that the rest of the world is doing their New Year's resolutions. So it's no big deal. 'Oh yah, another person saying they are running a 1/2 marathon.' But my friend reminded me that more than 1/2 of those people will drop out. And we won't.
Good luck hitting the trails today.

jess said...

way to go brookie... you'd better not slack off!
i actually love that the mirror at the gym (at least when on a treadmill) only reveals my skinny parts - ummm.. my shoulders and my ankles. the rest is blocked by the machine, and i think i look great if you cut out the whole middle section!
and no... we won't drop out. way to public to be a total loser. (that was my plan...)

jess said...

way TOO public. i hate it when you can't edit!