Wednesday, January 16, 2008

I'm back in the game!

Okay, so I was feeling just like Brooke after reading that Jess and Miq were both running 30+ minutes. I had only run 6 minutes in a row and could only do that 3 times. I was devastated and just felt sick. I have lost 5.5 lbs and I wasn't even too excited about that because I couldn't run far! I decided today I was going to go as far as I can and I would slow way down if I had to. So I got on the treadmill (today's high is 19' and it's icy out side) and started out. I kept going, and going, and going. I told myself I would be happy with 15 minutes. At 15 minutes I felt great so I kept going. I lasted 30 minutes! I even sprinted the last 2. I went a little under 2.5 Miles. I know I still have a few things working against me. I am not running outside. I am going to try to run at a little incline next time to make up for that a little. I am also running really slow, 13:20 mile. Like Jess said to Brooke, I don't care how fast I do it in, just as long as I finish! So it finally feels attainable. All I have to do is today's work out 5 times and I will finish the race! Cool!

2 comments:

jess said...

see!! it's amazing to me how much we can do when we refuse to give in. i am so proud of you! and i know it will just get easier. and 5.5 pounds??? holy crap!! i was pretty bummed at the end of last week when i was exactly the same weight even though i'd worked out every day. i think we all need to be really proud of our accomplishments big or small. way to go car car!

Mique (as in Mickey) said...

I'm in the "I don't care club" too. I just want to do it to do it. Walking across the finish line will be great. I'm super proud of you (and all of us for that matter). You are super woman. All the stuff you've got going on....you amaze me.