Saturday, January 19, 2008

Sick or not...

So I got a cold this week. And it has only gotten worse and worse. So I skipped Friday. I was feeling kind of bad about it. I almost skipped Saturday. But Aaron took the baby at 5 am so I could get 3 1/2 hours straight which was nice. (he must have my same cold) And this morning I remembered what my friend from work who is the swim coach used to tell her swimmers. If you are sick from the neck up you swim. If its from the chest down you sit out. Mine was from the neck up... I run. So I ditched the baby and took the dog. I was hurting pretty bad. But then, there it was again... my groove! I felt good and we ran for 41 min straight. If I had been able to see my stopwatch on the ipod (the sun was a little bright) I think I could have made it another 4 min. But I was very proud of myself! 41 min! Whoo hoo and sick too. Surprisingly, running really helps clear the sinuses!

One thing that has helped me get in my groove is when a really great song comes on the ipod. Today the one that pumped me up when I was super tired was good ole Paula Abdul-- "Forever your girl". I reminisced about making up dance routines in Jessica and Mique's garage. What pumps you up when you are running? My other favorites are "Cherish" by Madonna and anything off of the latest Kelly Clarkson or the new Gwen Staffani.

1 comment:

jess said...

wow brooke. i am way impressed. i have started feeling like i might be a little sick too and i am just in denial. i don't have time to be sick. maybe if i ignore it long enough it will just go away. and when you say "we" you mean you and bella?
i think we should have an ongoing post of favorite songs to run to. today mine were "clocks" by coldplay and "hey ya", outkast. i definitely have a really random mix, but it works. i think it's awesome that you have paula abdul! ha!!