Saturday, April 5, 2008

1:37

I think I may be on a runner's high. I have barely sat down since finishing the 9 miles this morning and I still feel all excited inside (like a kid in a candy shop). I guess I'm just SO happy with the accomplishment of today's run and also how GREAT it felt! Jess and I met bright and early at 7am at the Solana Beach train station. We parked one car there & drove 9 miles up highway 101 where we parked car #2. The running started right there on Island Way and continued along the coast back to the train station..passing through little beach towns like Leucadia & Encinitas along the way. I know it may sound crazy to say but I had a BLAST! The time passed quickly and physically I felt awesome. Jess & I chatted about everything under the sun....from self-confidence to relay races. One of my favorite parts of the run was having jess point out all of her favorite "hot spots"...taco shops & breakfast joints she would frequent during her high school years. It really was just a great run... I'm not sure what else to say. THANK YOU, jess for being such a great running partner! I hope that each of you had a great 9 as well. NINE MILES!!!! I love it! I can hardly believe it! What a great start to the day.

1 comment:

brooke said...

Awesome! good job girls!