Monday, April 14, 2008

Dig down deep and find...

I hate mondays (as has been said by all of us at some point on this blog). By the way, it occurred to me today that race day is a Monday. That kinda bummed me out/scared me to death. What is it about Mondays? Is it because it is just a few days after the long run? Anyhow, today was probably one of my top 5 worst runs yet. I ran my super duper hilly 4 and super duper struggled. I walked for the first time in this training (except the run where I hurt my shins). I walked for probably five minutes down the steepest part of the hill. I just didn't have it in me. I tried to dig down deep and find my inner stronger Kristen, and she said I don't give a rip, I'm walkin'. And ok, yeah, so I didn't eat anything this morning, and I forgot to bring any kind of fuel, but I am out of groceries and... apparently out of my mind! So, hopefully somehow tonight my body will miraculously remember that I have been training for several weeks now (months even) and I know how to do this, enjoy it even sometimes. We'll see tomorrow.

2 comments:

brooke said...

Race day will be totally different! You will be psyched and you won't have done a long run that past Saturday.

Kristen said...

thanks brooke, that makes me feel better!