Monday, April 21, 2008

better than nothing.

i had pretty much decided to bag it today. just plain ole' didn't feel like it. and then clint came home and made me do it. something about how i'd thank him later, blah, blah, blah. well, by that time, i only had 1/2 hour before dark, so i got in a whopping 3 miles at the track. i did discover that wearing shorts (i've been wearing pants from the beginning) necessitates body glide in a major way - glad i found that out on a 3 mile run and not a 10 miler. that would have sucked.

2 comments:

brooke said...

Ok Jessica that makes me feel better because I thought I was the only one who couldn't wear shorts. Last time I trained I tried and anything over about 3 miles just didn't work with shorts, even with the body glide it didn't really help, I had like serious thigh rash. I started wearing bike type shorts which took a little bit to get over being embarrassed in (but really what's the difference of those or tight capris?) Anyway, I have these shorts I LOVE and Bella pulled them through the laundry basket and ate the crotch out of them on Thursday! I am on a search for more but the only ones I've found are Nike and they cost $45! I'm interested in what everyone else is wearing...

jess said...

brooke, i did find another pair at the clearance outlet that are bike shorts and i looooove them. they are perfect. a bit embarrassing, but so is wearing 2 sports bras, a water belt, crazy hair and a bright red, sweaty face. so who cares at that point. you really will have to come check out this place because they were only $15. no joke.