Thursday, April 10, 2008

Kink in my plans

Where to begin this post? Well things started to go downhill last week when I hurt my neck/back while trying on a running shirt at Ross (long history of nightmare try-ons at Ross. Just ask Jess). Anyway- I ran that night just because I wanted to. Dumb. That's all there is to it. Note to self- don't run with a kinked neck. It will hurt. Not while running. But REALLY bad after.
Then I left for Mesquite- still thinking I could run at least 7 miles (mapped out plan and all). And then my father-in-law died. Basically it's been survival mode ever since. I went running on Monday and felt like Super Woman. But haven't been out of the gates since. I am for sure not gonna be able to go at all the rest of this week. So I only have a little over 3 miles for the week. But obviously family comes first.
I'm hoping to get back into the swing of things next week with little (preferably no) setbacks.
I have my magic beans. My water butt thingy. My new running clothes (testing them all out before the big day obviously). Now I just need a little one on one time with the road.
I'm missing my alone time this week.

1 comment:

jess said...

miq, it will all work out. obviously there are things in life that come before running, and you are doing the right thing to put your family first. just take your time and ease back into it, you'll be fine i'm sure. and when you can get back to it, running will be the perfect therapy. love you.