Thursday, April 10, 2008

Anyone out there?

We did a little over 4 miles today (puppy, baby and I!) and felt good. I was glad to be back out there, I feel so fat and sluggish when I don't work out and when I do, I feel good even if we don't do anything else all day. We had a really scary incident where a guy ran a red light going about 50 mph right as we were crossing a busy road. He missed us by about 5 feet, so not too close but close enough to give me a heart attack (I hate how in the stroller baby is so out in front and vulnerable). He somehow (seriously miraculously) made it through the intersection in between 3 cars and I honestly still can't replay exactly how it happened without him hitting anyone. It was SO scary, I hate crossing busy roads but we really have no choice around our house, I just try to keep it to a minimum. I said a big prayer of thanks that we were kept safe today on our run. I think that I will do 7 on Saturday, I feel good enough and definitely rested after only 2 shorter runs this week.

3 comments:

amy said...

scary! I'm so glad to hear that you guys missed the crazy driver. stay safe!!

jess said...

seriously, that always scares me - especially when running with the stroller. someone's looking out for you two! (2 little angels i can think of!)

brooke said...

:)
I think Z will always be protected by his sisters.