Monday, April 7, 2008

Nervous...

So after Saturday when I couldn't walk the rest of the day since my achilles tendon hurt so much I got majorly nervous. I just do NOT want to get put on the injured list right now, I don't! I have worked too hard for this! I spent a good amount of time in the hot tub on Sat (as a precaution of course) and took some advil and when I woke up Sunday it didn't hurt at all. But my on line searches have me totally freaked about this one. So I decided I needed another day to rest and then I need to take it easy this week and see what happens. I am going to reduce all the runs this week to 3 or 4 miles and we'll see about 7 on Saturday. I am just trying to play it safe!

2 comments:

kristen said...

How funny, I think we posted at like the same exact time. Very smart to take it easy, you'll bounce back really quickly, don't even worry. Take it easy this week, put your feet up, eat some ice cream, take naps, you deserve it!

jess said...

i agree... better safe than sorry!! amy and i have been talking more about over training, and i hope we aren't over doing it. we may need to reevaluate. saturday went so well, i know i could have gone 4 more miles. i am so ready for this, but we still have like 6 weeks! i just don't want any more injuries!