Wednesday, April 23, 2008

yesterday

all my troubles seemed so far away...

yesterday mom came to watch owey and poor amy had to push the stroller again while i was baby free. my mom feels bad that she can't watch both babies, but really - who could?!? anyhow- we ran from my house down to the bike trail and planned it so that we had run 5 miles before making it to the ginormous hill up to my house so we could walk up that. we ran pretty fast - the first mile (all downhill ) in like 8:30. Of course, the pace evened out quite a bit through the rolling hills of that trail, but the 5 miles took about 48 min or so. (i think... is that right amy?)

so, we were talking about race day--- how are you guys feeling about running together, pacing etc?? any thoughts on wanting to stick together, wanting to go your own pace, anxiety about being alone, etc etc? i know for me, i would like to run with some one as much as possible because i get so bored alone. but, i don't want anyone to be uncomfortable with a different pace, or whatever. i also want everyone's expectations to be met. what are you thinking? (am i being mother hen right now, or what?)

2 comments:

kristen said...

I think it would be fun to start together, take pictures, etc. but then I think it is unlikely that we will all stick together during the race. We can't be a literal pack of gazelles, that would annoy people. I have no problem at all running alone, at my own pace, taking it all in. I think the time will actually go (relatively)quickly, because of the adrenaline, new sights, etc. Plus, I am totally podding it, I don't care what the rules say. Those of us who run at a similar pace can feel free to run together, it won't hurt my feelings a bit. I say we all do what we gotta do to finish at our personal best. Amen.

amy said...

I completely agree with Kristen.