Monday, April 21, 2008

Monday, Monday


These are the new shoes. I liked that they were red since my running jacket is also red and I have that Angel's visor I wear a lot. I'll look SO coordinated! :) (cuz we all know that's important!)

Well, funny to say I actually WANTED to get out there and run today because I was excited to try out my new kicks. We went to Road Runner on Saturday and I did their fancy high tech shoe finder thing which involved walking on a mat (which I had to do like five times because I wasn't doing it right!) and running on a treadmill barefoot while they videotaped me (thankfully only from the ankles down). So I ended up with a stability shoe which I've never had before. I'm curious to see how it will be and glad they have a 60 day guaranteed fit policy where if I don't like them I can take them back. The girl also told me I had flat feed (knew that) and that I should wear an orthotic (not sure if that was just an upsale or legit). So I left with an expensive pair of shoes, orthotics and a bunch of shot blocks because if I got my total up high enough it got me into some savings club. The girl told me to break them in slowly, just do some shorter runs to see how things felt. I also overheard another girl saying that orthotics (I'm spelling that wrong but I don't know how to spell it right!) would take a month to break in so I'm not sure if I'll end up running the race with them or not.
So I decided we needed an "easy" run today so we just went down on the flat trail and did somewhere between 3 and 4 miles, probably closer to 3. I felt pretty good, I was over analyzing EVERYTHING in the shoes so it was hard to know what was just sore from running 10 miles on Sat. or if there were any weird things with the shoes. I did get a weird pain in the bottom of one foot close to the end and I think it might have been from the orthotic. Also, my foot did fall asleep so I know I need to mess with the laces. All in all though the shoes felt good and I think I'll pretty much take it easy this week to see how it goes. I also plan to do a few runs without the orthotic to see what I like better.

1 comment: