Saturday, April 5, 2008

amy beat me to it...

so, i know amy already wrote about our run, but i just had to add my two cents. i can't believe we ran 9 miles this morning!!! seriously!!! we ran from here:


all the way to here:



and i just can't get over it!!
it really felt easy- almost too easy and i know that it is because not once was i caught in the mental game that i sometimes find myself in while running long distance. i didn't have to fight myself the whole way because i was entertained and really just not focused on every single step. what a difference! it makes me feel that much more confident about how all of us will do on race day since we will have each other's company as a distraction.
one detail amy did leave out is what an idiot i am... somehow i had a serious brain fart and left my keys in her car all the way up in carlsbad. did not realize this until we were at my car in solana beach. since clint was at home with owey and no car to bring me a key (long story) and aaron was at home with a sleeping baby, i called my mom to the rescue to come pick us up in solana beach and drive us up to carlsbad to amy's car. i felt like such a retard... so, we could have been home by 9:00 just in time for conference, but instead we weren't home until after 10. dumb, dumb, dumb!! thanks mom! sorry amy! won't make that mistake again!!

No comments: