Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Easy, breezy, beautiful...

Ok, at least that's how I FELT if not how I looked. I was putting off running until after hubby got home because we had morning plans. Well when our morning plans fell through and I called about everyone in the entire world to try to get someone to go with me and no one could I decided to take it as a sign that I wasn't supposed to be out playing, I was supposed to be running! Add to that the fact that the heat wave seemed to have let up at least for today and it was a beautiful cool crisp spring day I just HAD to hit the road. SO off we went at the random hour of 11 for a great run. Funny how it can be SO hard one day and so great the next. I felt great, no mishaps, the weather was perfect running weather, a nice thin thermal over my running tank and I couldn't have felt better. My foot did fall asleep for a few minutes (still don't know what the deal is with that!) but it was right before our turn around so I was able to stop and shake it off a bit. Even tricked the dog into going the full 5 miles with no protest whatsoever, she seemed to be enjoying herself as well. I am happy now that its evening and I don't have to stress about when or how I'm going to make my escape or eat dinner.

I also broke the news to hubby that I need new shoes. I am going to be in San Diego next week so I could hit up Movin' Shoes where I am guaranteed to get great service and a good pair of shoes but I also kind of want to check out this new Road Runner Sports by us which has some computer dealy hooked up to a treadmill that looked pretty awesome. But I am scared of technology or that when I step on that treadmill it is going to flash my weight across some marquee on the store front. (I have issues I know) So I guess you'll just have to wait in suspense to see what I decide to do!

1 comment:

jess said...

movin shoes is awesome. road runner is really great too. i think you should hit up both! plus, you can't miss out on road runner's clearance outlet!!