Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Spring break

I am so glad I read the posts re: a new training schedule before I tortured myself with seven miles today! I could barely, and I mean barely make five. I felt so slow, I was actually surprised I came in at 1:02. There is no way I could have done seven yo!

This week is our spring break, and tomorrow I am off to Disneyland for 2 days, and then camping, so I won't be posting, but I will be running, and I will think about the proposed new schedule. Like I said in my comment below, I am open to change; I definitely don't want to over train. I agree with Jess, after the 8 and the 9 milers, I felt like I could have easily (well, relatively) kept going to the 13! Sometimes I feel like the novelty has worn off a little bit and we're all a little tired of training at this point, not physically so much as mentally. The newness is gone, but we're still far enough away from race day to not have those pre-race jitters and excitement to help us along. Maybe it's just me. Anyway, have a nice week everyone, I'll be back Mondayish.

No comments: