Friday, February 1, 2008

BIG Milestone


First of all, I followed your lead Jess and listened to eminem. I had about 6 songs on my ipod (which I had never listened to before) that I played over and over. It was fun to run to something so fast pace (but mine weren't the clean versions unfortunately...oops!).

For the first time in 8 years I feel like I really am able to get back to my old size. I ran for 60 minutes today. I realize I can do the impossible. Even just 3 weeks ago I thought 60 minutes would be impossible. It's not. And neither is losing weight I realize now. If I can run for 60 minutes then I can do anything! I see why the Biggest Loser show works. They show people (like me) that you really can work alot harder then you think. Bodies are amazing, even big fat ones like mine! Wow, that was the worst 60 minutes in my life but also the best. My knee caps felt like jello afterwards. I got side cramps for the first time. I think part of the problem was that I ran late at night instead of in the morning. It seemed a lot harder. We have to go to a sealing in the morning so at the last minute I decided to run tonight instead of tomorrow.

Anyways, thanks girls for all your support. I really feel like this blog has been the key for me to changing my life. Sounds corny, I know, but it's true. I couldn't have done it wothout you! BTW, I've lost 10 lbs!

3 comments:

jess said...

CARLIE YOU ARE SOOO AWESOME!!! i too am starting to realize that limits are a bunch of bull! i really am so excited for you and proud of you for giving it your all and sticking with this. i mean you pretty much are an overachiever at everything you do, so i'm not at all surprised, but just so excited to be on the journey with you! 10 lbs??? that is crazy!!!! can't wait to see that skinny little body!!

Carlie said...

Well, lets not get carried away! I'm not in the skinny catergory yet. I have a long road ahead, but thanks for the encouragement!

Mique (as in Mickey) said...

yeah for you Carlie! That's amazing. I'm super excited to be able to see you in May! Ditto what Jess says (you overachiever).