Saturday, February 2, 2008

Runners High?

Kristen and I got back from our run a little bit ago. I was nervous for today since we spent yesterday at CA Adventure for my big kids bdays (walking all day and carrying Drew for part of the time; my back was hurting towards the end). My legs even hurt last night at bedtime. And since this week was kinda rocky for me, the writing was on the wall for a painful 60 mins.
BUT GUESS WHAT? It was great. I mean- we ran for 60 mins straight. We ran even further than we had set out to do. In the end, it was 4.7 miles. WOW. Go us! I'm not sure that I had a runners high- no tingling or smiles. But I did feel good. I think both Kristen and I were proud at how well we did. I can't believe that we've run a total of 14.7 miles this week. Are you kidding me? For a decidedly non-runner in the past, I cannot believe that I've ran that much in one week! I totally agree with you girls- limits stink. I think the message in all this is that it feels great to challenge yourself and realize that if you REALLY want to, you can do any darn thing you want. How amazing is that?
I think the past several years of my life I've had lots of challenges that have proved that. Add this one to the list.....

And Brooke, you still alive? Still waiting to hear from KRISTEN! And Erika. What about Amy? Where are you girlies?

2 comments:

Carlie said...

Way to go you two! And yes, where are all our friends?

jess said...

dang... 4.7 miles? i have a feeling you two will be leaving me in the dust!!
i think that brooke has been in UT (wedding dress shopping with her little sis) and amy has been up north at her parent's house. i'm sure they will be up and at it soon.
did kristin ever get the invite to post?