Saturday, February 16, 2008

WHOO HOO!!

I did it! I had my doubts but I did it. I slacked on Thursday and thought I'd go after hubby came home but it never happened (big Valentine's plans of takeout and Lost). I thought I should make it up on Friday but was too scared to do it the day before the big run. But, maybe being well rested was to my advantage. I knew I HAD to get up because Aaron started his new (second) job today and he had to leave by 8:45. I didn't want to get stuck with the stroller or the dog so I had to get up. Baby woke up at 6 and I fed him and knew I had to just get up and go. So I went downstairs and ate my little bowl of oatmeal. And then I remembered what I used to do for my Saturday runs. I used to get up, eat my oatmeal, drink a big glass of water and go back to bed for a half hour or an hour to let everything digest. So I did that. I slept until 7 and then got on the road. I was feeling GOOD, it was cool, no puppy, no baby, nice. I decided to run to the church and back. I know I need to start throwing in more hills. The entire way up was mostly up hill. I was kicking myself for choosing this route. I was going SLOW. But i was still feeling good so that was all that mattered. I got almost to the church and 36 minutes had passed so I decided to turn around. That was when I remembered why I had chosen that route-- downhill all the way home! I felt GREAT, I picked up the pace, I knocked 4 min off on the way down. So I had a little more time to kill so I ran around the neighborhood for a few minutes. 75 min! You couldn't have told me that a month ago! I am proud of myself! I did bring my water belt (was glad I still knew where it was) and that was good to have. I haven't tried gu or anything yet but maybe I'll try some for next week. Oh and please remind me to take the "relaxation during labor" cd off of my ipod! Nothing kills a running high like hearing a soothing voice come on and say "F E E L your UTERUS"!

And just for Jessica...


1 comment:

jess said...

that picture is hot brooke!! next time i'll have to take a picture in my super cool running sunglasses...